To produce quality apparel and merchandise that appeals to both casual and hardcore esports fans.Job Description
As the Associate Men’s and Women’s Sportswear Designer, you will contribute to the interpretation of concepts through style and fabric, from sketches to the final product for the Esportz Entertainment Corp. Sportswear Division (EZ Pro). The Associate Designer will collaborate with Senior Management, Tech Design, Merchandising and Production to manage the development of our esports product lines from initial concept through production.
You must have a strong sense and passion for helping to create a whole new esports clothing and accessories portfolio. Your interest and ability to analyze esports market trends, search for inspiration, and support both internal and external partners in a developing, fast-paced working environment is essential.
This role represents an unequaled opportunity to impact the sportswear retailing landscape for a uniquely skilled designer with a proven track record of creativity, organizational leadership, and innovation at the highest levels of the apparel and accessories industries.
You must also have the ability to raise the creative bar through our own unique industry first Esportz Brand relevant styling and produce preeminent instore and e-commerce designs that set us on a path of high growth.
The Associate Designer starts with our Brand and esports gamers and fans in mind, is innovative and understands that styling is critical to developing an inspirational brand experience. We are seeking a designer who possesses a high taste level and sharp eye, with well-rounded experience in men’s, womenswear and sports accessories.
- Sketches into a Good/Better/Best product range, receiving guidance from Senior Management on which product category concept each design addresses.
- Partners with the Senior Management to slot fabrics, washes and/or colors into bodies as influenced by the brand concept, line plan.
- Works with Senior Management to develop each line portfolio of targeted apparel and accessories.
- Own life cycle from sketch; tech pack creation, fit approvals from proto to final approval for multiple product lines
- Creates, manages and distributes the working line sheet in preparation for cross-functional milestone meetings including Sketch Review with Senior Management and Sketch Download.
- Organizes and manages all fittings for the products designed.
- Initiates style setup & completes Bill of Material setup.
- Supports Senior Management with Hand & Illustrator sketching.
- Communicates with manufacturers to ensure timing and production are on schedule and following all instructions.
- Accompanies Senior Management to meetings as requested whare Apparel and Accessories are on the agenda and Design expertise is needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience and exposure to men’s and women’s sportswear design.
- Strong sense and passion for sportswear with solid understanding of fabrics, finishes, details, trims, fit and construction.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge and InDesign, Word and Excel.
- Experience in PLM or webPDM programs: Full Circle or similar tech pack software preferred.
- Strong creative, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Adaptable, team-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Streetwear market and brands.
- Experience across retail, editorial, and advertising sectors of apparel industry.
- Comfortable in a culture of continuous change.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
- Passion for esports!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Design or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in games, entertainment, sports, or related industry, including roles in esports program management experience
- Experience working on live events, tournaments, and/or live broadcasts.
- Proven experience working for or with professional esports organizations.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself, making sure you include specifics about:
- Your resume/CV and cover letter
- Link to your online portfolio
- Where you are located
- Any and all esports experience