Director of Curriculum and Online Learning
To elevate the esports industry through guidance, exposure, and style.
This role requires a skilled individual who can innovate, adapt quickly, and not be constrained by how things were done before. While the candidate may or may not be experienced in eSports and gaming, they should be technically strong and have significant experience with curriculum development and online learning.
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content including consulting with management and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and content requirements;
- Manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, digital interactives, user guides, audio and video scripts, storyboards, navigational text, tests, etc.) that transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction;
- Manage permissions and authorization of use for all gaming content – text, multi-media, graphics, translations and other materials – to ensure all content approvals are in place for production and distribution;
- Direct and guide learning design for internal and/or external subject matter experts seeking to produce and publish content for Esportz Pro;
- Create evaluation framework to identify and monitor metrics that inform and validate Esportz Pro content quality, member usage; business impact, and scalability;
- Create partnerships with internal teams (especially our training team, service teams, marketing) to produce content and drive greater value for students and media trainers;
- Manage program deliverables within budgetary, resource and scheduling requirements against defined project milestones and deadlines; and
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our program offering.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced in education, strategic planning, college level online learning program development, operations and staff development.
- Motivational and energetic leader who is committed to excellence.
- Analytical problem-solver and solutions-oriented strategic thinker who has overcome complex organizational challenges.
- Unwavering in pursuit of excellence even in the face of difficult opposition and challenges.
- Results-driven educational leader with a commitment to contemporary curriculum standards and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions.
- Teaching experience with marked success and quantifiable and objective student performance gains.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Exceptional public speaker, writer and editor, especially of curricular materials.
- Professional demeanor, strong work-ethic, detail-driven work style with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, delegate, and lead by example.
- Demonstrated obsession regarding the customer experience; never settle for good enough, and continually inspire others to do better for the customer;
- Strong knowledge of curriculum for college students.
- College administrator experience a plus.
- Masters level or advanced degree, PHD preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in games, entertainment, sports, or related industry, including roles in esports program management experience
- Experience working on live events, tournaments, and/or live broadcasts.
- Proven experience working for or with professional esports organizations.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself, making sure you include specifics about:
- Your resume/CV and cover letter
- Link to your online portfolio
- Where you are located
- Any and all esports experience