To cater content for the esports audience and their diversified needs: highlights, stories, reports, and analysis.
We are looking for a talent editor who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment. In this role, you will work with Reporters, Steamers, Influencers and team members who will provide various gaming and eSports content for our Esportz Network broadcast platform and social channels.
You will need to help determine which esports events, leagues, teams, players and industry executives to cover and which of our esports reporters is best suited to get the stories our viewers want to see.
- Communicating and working with new and upcoming eSports/gaming Reporters, Talent, Streamers, and Influencers.
- Scheduling Reporters and establishing story targets for each event or activity that Reporters will be filing stories.
- Review content submitted by Reporters, Talent, Streamers, and Influencers to approve or decline for our Esportz Network distribution.
- Working with Management to establish a list of story profiles and guidelines that will help streamline the Reporter assignment and story management process.
- Working with Management to establish content compensation and incentives for Reporters, Talent, Streamers, and Influencers.
- Creating and developing new relationships that increase our pool of Reporters, Talent, Streamers, and Influencers.
- Working with our marketing team on RFP's that need content for internal and brands projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent organizational & project management skills and an ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously from conception to completion and track details without losing sight of the end goal and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to build productive relationships with peers, internal and external customers, and all levels of management across the business
- Experience working in broadcast and/or live online streaming of esports or similar live events.
- Ability to lead projects and events within budget.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively craft solutions.
- Client & Customer service oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Adobe, and Google Suite
- Minimum of BA or equivalent training and experience
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and proactive approach!
- Comfortable working independently, or collaboratively as part of a larger team
- Ability and openness to wear many hats as needed for certain projects
- Travel, weekend and/or after-hours availability required for certain projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in games, entertainment, sports, or related industry, including roles in esports program management experience
- Experience working on live events, tournaments, and/or live broadcasts.
- Proven experience working for or with professional esports organizations.
How to apply
Please submit a few details about yourself, making sure you include specifics about:
- Your resume/CV and cover letter
- Link to your online portfolio
- Where you are located
- Any and all esports experience